Click the Video help file you want to watch,
A. 3 - Yes. Your transactions are protected by the latest SSL Encryption Technology (The most secure way to use the internet), SoldLocal is fully registered and compliant with the Data Protection Act, PayPal's secure SSL encrypted technology protects and processes transactions. (Back to Top>>)
A. 4 - You have several options: (Back to Top>>)
- We offer a "quick search" bar at the top of our pages for you to enter keywords and categories to search.
- We offer an Advanced Search page for you to refine your search criteria.
A. 5 - Yes. You can maintain your own "favorites" list within your account. (Once you have logged in). Each listing on our site has an "add to favorites" link. Simply click that link and we will add that item to your favorites list. (Back to Top>>)
A. 6 - You can set up search filters within your account area. Our site will then screen all new listings, as they are placed on the site, and if an item is listed that meets your filter (search) criteria, we will automatically send you an email notification. (Back to Top>>)
A. 7 - We provide buyers with the ability to contact the seller through a form that is accessible on each of the seller's listing pages (login Required). The seller will then be notified by email of the buyer's questions and the seller can either reply by email or log in to their account and reply through our onsite messaging system. The seller can choose to keep their email address anonymous. (Back to Top>>)
A. 8 - Topping up your account balance is performed from within your account and you must bel logged in, when logged in
- Press My Account link (under the purple menu bar), Click 'Add to Account Balance' button.
- Enter the amount you wish to credit your account - Press 'Checkout' button.
- Select Payment Method. (Paypal takes you to a secure Paypal page for payment and is the quickest way to top-up your account).
- If you wish to pay over the telephone using a debt or credit card please call 0800 270 7441
A. 9 - Your encouraged to sell almost anything no matter how large or small.
*** Restricted Item Include ***
- Living things, pets, livestock, body parts & organs
- Stolen & Items you have no permission to sell
- Copied, forged and pirated items
- Adult material (pornography) products & services, this website is family friendly and will not be compromised.
- Abusive, sexist, racist or homophobic and prejudicial items or materal, including the wording of you advert.
Accounts found to be breaking this rule will be restricted and where appropriate we will pass identifiable account information to the relevant authority. (Back to Top>>)
A. 10 - The soldlocal system has no facility to support the sale of downloads, however you can list the url's/website address for download in the description box or within the website URL link field when creating your listing, When clicked these will re-direct the the buyer to a website that will support downloads and process payments. (Back to Top>>)
A. 11 - IW If you are sellling on SoldLocal you can choose a payment method for your products; cash, cheque, paypal and credit card. We also have Buy Now PayPal, button that can be used to take immidate PayPal payment for your products.(Back to Top>>)
A. 12 - Some tips to help you get the best from your experience with SoldLocal.(Back to Top>>)
- Use images with your listings, pictures still speak a thousand words, When loading pictures from your digital camera or telephone, the soldlocal system will format the picture and upload it for you, while you sit back and wait.
- Use the features and enhancements to make your listing more eyecatching.
- Complete as many boxes, (fields) when creating your listing, to provide a complete description of your item, this will attract more buyers when they are searching.
- Use the website link, to link to your own website (especially business's) or link to a website that will tell the buyer more about your product.
- Use video, if you don't have or cannot create a video of your product, search YouTube to see if somone else has video'd a similar product, if your you can then link to their video. (the buyer still has to contact you for the sale).
- SHARE - Share your listing on Facebook, Twitter etc. Invite friend to view your listing to get the word passed around.
A. 13 - If you're using safari browser on your Iphone to access those sites, the videos are probably encoded with Flash, which the iPad will not play. You can look for an app to use, which will overcome that (or simply not allow access to the non-working flash, depends on how it's coded), or you can look for browsers that support Flash. Puffin, Skyfire and iSwiffer are ones that I see recommended, but I know there are others. You just may want to play with free versions or read reviews because I understand that the apps have varying levels of workability. (Back to Top>>)
A. 14 - There are 2 ways to activate and pay your subscription
- Call 0800 270 7441, you can pay your subscription via the telephone and we will activate your account for you
- Log-in to SoldLocal admin your account screen choose, renew subscription, and renew storefront subscription (no charge) you will take through to PayPal to securly make payment. (Back to Top>>)
A. 15 - To see statistics on views of your products, log in to your account and select, View my active products, with every product listed on the system you will see a statistic count on each item. (Back to Top>>)
A. 16 - To see statistics on views of your webstore, log in to your account and select Storefront Control Panel. The next page you see will be your statistics. (Back to Top>>)
A. 17 - To mark an item as sold, Log in to your account, then click 'View my active listings' at the right hand side of each product, next to the statistics is the sold Icon, click this icon (the icon will have a read tick to show its sold), statitics will be updated. You can always delete a sold item, but you will loose any accumlated statistics. (Back to Top>>)
SoldLocal Iphone App
Browse our listings on your iPhone with the SoldLocal Ap. app! Download SoldLocal Iphone App from the App Store and enter Site Key 9V4W